Holistic Massage provides you with a great opportunity to pay attention to your own needs. It is increasingly recognised that massage can provide a vital contribution to our health as a preventative and complementary therapy. Some of the positive effects from massage therapy can be:-
· Stress reduction
· Relief from muscular pain
· Total relaxation
· Improved immunity function
· Improvement in physical and mental fatigue
· Improvement in toxin elimination
· Improved circulation
· Decrease in high blood pressure
· Improved breathing
· Improved bowel movement and reduction of IBS symptoms
· Improved sleep
· Improved concentration
· Increased clarity of thought
· Increased energy levels
· Improved posture
· Relief from eye strain, headaches and migraine
Massage can alleviate many physical disorders and can also work with your subtle energy to leave you feeling deeply relaxed and peaceful, or renewed, uplifted and invigorated.
Holistic Massage and bodywork can enable your body to heal and restore its own unique balance and most importantly, allow you to use your positive energy for living life.
What to expect
As part of your first visit I take a confidential consultation which allows me to build up a picture of you and your needs so that I can create the best possible session tailored to your needs.
It is important to tell me about any constant or recurring conditions, injuries and serious ailments that you may have or any medications you are taking.
It may also help to think about what you want to gain from a treatment such as reducing muscle tension, slowing a busy mind, feeling cared for or stimulating your energy. This is only a few examples of what massage therapy can help you achieve.
Some clients feel uncomfortable with the thought of removing their clothes. As a professional massage therapist I am concerned with your care and well being. Please let me know if you are uncomfortable undressing. There are many techniques which can be used over clothing and still allow the session to be effective for your needs.
The effects of massage therapy can be felt for several days and if massage becomes part of your regular self care routine you will become used to the positive effects that Holistic Massage Therapy can have in your life.
Gift vouchers are available on request
A FREE and confidential consultation is included as part of your first appointment and this may take up to 30 minutes. Please allow extra time for this.
Following your massage treatment you may experience over the next few days some of the following symptoms:
· Cold like symptoms
· Increased sweating
· Stuffy, blocked or runny nose
· Heightened emotions – high or low
· Sleepy & fatigued or deeply relaxed
· Temporary worsening of symptoms
· Increased thirst
· Increased urination
· Sounder sleep
As everyone is different and may ‘react’ differently to a massage treatment these symptoms are quite normal and are agood sign that the treatment is working. This is known as a healing reaction. You should do the following:
Drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours following treatment
(This can assist your body to flush out toxins that massage helps to release from your body).
If you feel tired, rest as much as possible.
- Avoid heat treatments (bath, sauna etc) for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day after treatment for for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours.
- If you feel concerned about anything following your treatment do not hesitate to call your therapist for advice.