Indian Head Massage
What can Indian Head Massage do?
Indian Head Massage works specifically on the upper back, neck, shoulders, these all being areas that can suffer high levels of stress and tension. The face and scalp are gently massaged using the pressure point techniques to aid relaxation.
The upper body holds lots of energy, if you are stressed or anxious, tension tends to accumulate. Indian Head Massage involves working with a strong, but gentle rhythm helping to free blockages and release tension, this effect is not just physical, it also works on an emotional level, calming the spirit, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
Indian Head Massage has been used in Asia for more than 5000 years ago and was originally developed as a grooming technique by women who used it to strengthen and improve the fullness of the hair. Now the therapy has adapted incorporating some western techniques.
Benefits of IHM?
- May help prevent hair loss/ thinning and improve the condition of the hair and skin.
- Improves lymphatic drainage from the head and neck aiding the removal of waste products and toxins.
- Relieves tension in muscle tissue.
- Improves circulation to the head and neck area therefore speeding up the interchange of oxygen, nutrients, carbon: dioxide and waste products.
- Helps improve mobility in neck and shoulder region.
- Relieves mental and physical strain and therefore improves concentration.
- Helps relieve tension headaches, eyestrain, insomnia
- Helps relieve sinusitis/ congestion.
- Can bring about a general feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Promotes higher levels of alertness and concentration.
“Great!! Thankyou :)”
“Thorough, professional and extremely effective treatment, most enjoyable”
45 min Treatment £38
60 min Treatment £45